This post is all about my favorite items for the month of July. Several of these items I’ve loved for a long time and have repurchased over and over gain (concealer palette, Dollicious perfume, cheek stains, body butter, triple moisture body cream, I have a backup of Nicole for when this bottle runs out, and I have a backup of Turks & Caicos). It’s almost like this is just an overall favorites post, isn’t it? Now onto the products!
- The Body Shop’s Coconut Body Butter – This is one product that I cannot get enough of. I have incredibly dry feet… so dry that I easily slip on carpet. Because of this body butter, my feet aren’t dry anymore. The only downside is that it’s $20 a jar, but I can definitely see why. These body butters are the best. My only minor complaint about the product is the smell. It isn’t a sweet coconut fragrance. It smells like coconut husk which I don’t like.
- Ulta Cheek Gel Stain – These cheek stains are awesome! They definitely stain and the little stick lasts a really time. I’ve had two of mine last for over a year with many uses, and there’s still plenty of product left. To my surprise, the gel cheek stains didn’t dry out despite how long I’ve had these products. They feel refreshing and cool when applied, and it doesn’t dry too quickly. I actually have time to apply the blush nicely unlike with Benetint where you just apply and tap wherever the product feels like going for the day. They look dark in the stick form but the actual color is much lighter.
- Lemon Vanilla Triple Moisture Body Cream from Bath & Body Works – I personally love all of the TMC from Bath & Body Works but this month I’ve really fallen in love with Lemon Vanilla. I used to hate the lemon pie scent but as of recently, I’ve really loved it. I originally bought it just so I could have the entire Vanillas Collection, and I’m glad I kept it. Even though it’s a discontinued fragrance, Victoria’s Secret releases a lemon pie fragrance every year during the warmer seasons. It’s easy to replace this once it’s gone.
- Nicole by Nicole Richie Eau Du Parfum – I fell in love with this the moment I tested it in stores. It smells like sophistication and sexiness, but in a way suitable for those in their 20’s-40’s. It’s not an “old lady” type of sophisticated. It’s a sensual, sexy, elegant, and intriguing kind of sophisticated. This is my #1 fragrance of all time.
- Derma E Microdermabrasion Scrub – This was a product sent to me in my July Ipsy bag. I was shocked at how much I loved this scrub. It smells just like fresh squeezed lemons, which is invigorating and refreshing. The next thing is the scrub itself. All you need is a pea sized amount and you can scrub your face for a good 5 minutes using just the small amount. This reminds me of the Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish but with a better fragrance.
- Pouty Pop Lip Crayon by Pop Beauty – Another Ipsy item! I really hated this product as a lip color because coral shades look terrible on my skin tone. However, it was pink enough that I thought I could try it as a cream blush. And guess what? It looks beautiful. It looks so natural on the cheeks and now I use it regularly as a blush.
- Hot Pots from Coastal Scents – Panama Rose, Antique Maroon, and Spiceberry – What can I say? The colors are pretty, the pans are packed and full, the eyeshadows aren’t chalky or powdery, and they last all day. I’m definitely impressed.
- E.l.f Blush & Bronzer Duo in Turks & Caicos – This is a great duo for those with with a deeper skin tone. A lot of people rave about the NYC Bronzer in Sunny or the original E.l.f Blush & Bronzer Duo (St. Lucia) and I was always so sad because the bronzers are such unflattering shades for deep skin. But now those with darker skin have a cheap alternative as well! The powders are super soft and blendable. Swatches are no flash to get true color.
- 15 Color Concealer Palette (generic); Eclipse Palette from Coastal Scents – You know what’s crazy? I prefer this concealer over my MAC Studio Finish Concealer. The coverage is better and I get a large variety of shades that I can customize to perfectly mask my different imperfections. It also comes with a highlighter and 3 color correcting shades. I bought mine on ebay for less than $5.00 but Coastal Scents has the same thing on their site for around $15.00. This concealer covers really dark spots, redness, and discoloration. It’s waxy so it sticks to the skin and lasts all day.
- Vitamin E Oil 70,000 IU – This is a miracle in a bottle. Vitamin E is great for everything – scars, discoloration, wrinkles, hydration, etc. I add a drop of this to all of my moisturizers and my skin color has evened out dramatically. All hail pure vitamin e oil!
- Dollicious EDT by Fredericks – It’s a bummer that this is discontinued because it’s a really nice fragrance. It’s really sweet and alluring, almost like candy. It’s also an incredibly sexy and confident fragrance, but then it’s also very innocent. If you want to play mind games with a man you’re interested in, this is the perfume to go for. He won’t know what message you’re trying to send. Yes, this seemingly simple candy-like perfume is THAT complex. Oddly enough, this perfume is suitable for any place you may go – church, office, clubs, small social gatherings, dates, etc. It’s also nice because it’s one of those fragrances that you cannot apply too heavily no matter how much you use.