AUGUST GLAM BAG SNEAK PEEK #4:
Class is in session with TWO of these amazing items in your August Glam Bag!
Without a doubt, the bags theme is school related, and I’m pretty sure it’s back to school.
With this fourth sneak peek, everybody will have a chance to get 2 out of the 7 items shown. Ipsy has said there are no repeat items from previous months. But I think that just means subscribers won’t get the same item as in a previous bag they’ve had personally, but there are still repeat items in general. From a personal standpoint, I’m perfectly okay with Ipsy recycling products to reduce their inventory. Ipsy said that nobody should receive the same item twice, and that’s all that matters.
These are my current guesses so far:
- Nail polish – Unknown. It looks like Nailtini but I couldn’t find any orange shades on their website aside from Mai Tai. Maybe it’s a new brand that imitates other brands. Looks full size.
- Tube – Pacifica BB Cream. I’m pretty sure the first two letters on the tube say PA. If this is the case, it’ll definitely be for light skinned subbies only. Others think it may be a Nyx primer, which would be awesome. Looks travel sized.
- Clear tube – Without doubt, this is a Smashbox Primer 2 week sample.
- Stick blush: City Color Beauty Cheek Stain. Looks full sized. Maybe this will be an option for those who received a cream blush in June.
- Compact blush – This looks like a cream blush to me but the brand is unknown. Ipsy said there are no repeats, but that just assumes no repeat colors. It looks like Nyx so maybe anybody who didn’t receive a cream blush in June will have the chance to get this. If that’s the case, I’m going to assume there will be a variety of shades like there was in June. I just hope there’s no orange. Looks full sized.
- Eye shadow – unknown. It reminds me of the Mica Beauty Eyeshadow in Earth but it’s hard to say since there are A LOT of mineral eyeshadows out there. Looks full sized, or a very generous deluxe size.
- Pencil: The packaging reminds me of Chella so I assume it’s a Chella Eyebrow Pencil. It could also be an eye brightener and several people are guessing Pixi Eye Brightening Pencil. Looks full sized.
I’m not figuring this out alone. I’ve been stalking sneak peek 4 on Ipsy’s Facebook with all of the subscriber guesses. I’ve also had my eye on Makeuptalk to see what their guesses are.
This last item sneak peek has me a little underwhelmed. The Pacifica BB cream doesn’t intrigue me at all. If by the off-chance it’s a Nyx primer, I’ll be really happy. Not because of the fact that it’s a primer, but because there’s more people likely to get a primer. I’m actually not looking forward to primer at all. But I like the idea of two different brands but the same type of item. That way people can come together and discuss the differences, just like they’ll be able to do with the blush. The can talk about why they prefer the stain over a cream, whether they hated the stain or cream, etc.
I’m not looking forward to the Smashbox Primer Sample either. It’s not a bad sample, but it’s something Smashbox gives away like it’s candy. As I’m typing this, Smashbox has a giveaway for 150,000 free samples. I’d rather not get a freebie in a subscription box, but hey, it’s bound to happen. One high end freebie sample out of 7 glam bags isn’t anything to complain about. It’s better than foil packets and perfume samples in every box like a certain other subscription service *cough*.
There are two blush options out of 7 (guaranteed), so having a blush as one of the items is more likely than having no blush. Ipsy has sent out several cheek colors, and cheek colors take FOREVER to go through since Ipsy has always given full size since I joined. Mai Couture Highlight Sheets which I thought were more of a blush, Be a Bombshell Blush, Nyx Blush, and I’ve been using the Pop Beauty Crayon in Coral Crush as a blush as well. They’re turning into nail polishes – Ipsy hands out nail polish every month or every other month. I do like blush stains and creams, so this product doesn’t seem terrible. It’s just not a first pick since I have so many blushes. I’m also sick of nail polish. I’m especially not fond of the nail polish color for this month. I’m SO SICK of seeing orange for cosmetics. Back to school theme and they give a bright red-orange shade? Doesn’t seem school friendly to me at all. If Ipsy starts sending darker/deeper shades, I’ll totally change my profile quiz answers to start getting nail polish.
Next is the mineral eyeshadow. I love mineral shadows but I don’t like neutral shades in general unless they’re highlights. Taupes and browns look weird on my already brown skin. I don’t think it looks sultry and innocent the way it does on lighter skin. With that being said, I’m not looking forward to the eyeshadow.
I’m only looking forward to the Chella Brow Pencil/Pixi Eye Brightening Pencil (whatever it may be). For the second item, I think I’d most prefer a blush over anything else. I love stains but already have two, and have recently fallen in love with creams so cream would be great. The shades shown look wearable for anybody but it’s unlikely those are the only shades. Even if I don’t get either of those items, this bag will still be worth it.