AUGUST GLAM BAG SNEAK PEEK #5:
Get ready to learn about what Glamour is all about this August.
The final sneak peek is usually the bag, so I’m going to assume this is the last sneak peek we get. The bag is covered with the Ipsy logo and then has “glamour academy” printed all over it as well with what I assume is a plaque design. As far as the design of the bag goes, I’m not really liking it. I think it looks tacky with the shade of purple chosen and then yellow or gold print all over it. But that’s just my personal taste. On the Ipsy Facebook page, a lot of people were saying that they thought this bag was super cute. It’s all about personal opinion. I can appreciate the thought and effort that went into designing this bag.
What we know:
1. For the first item, we have four options. Several people will be getting an Urban Decay lipstick in either a pink shade or a red-orange shade. My guesses on the shades are Anarchy, Bang, or 69. The size also looks like a deluxe size. For those who aren’t getting a lipstick, they will be getting a Noya Lip Balm in either Vanilla or Cherry. The Noya Lip Balms look full size.
2. For the second item, you will get either a Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask or a Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Face Scrub. The sizes are assumed to be be 1 ounce tubes for both.
3. Everybody will be getting a Pixi Lash Booster Mascara. The color is unknown. There are two color options on the Pixi Website – Blackest Black or Blackest Blue.
4. Everybody will be getting 2 of 7 items. The items are unknown but here are my assumptions: Nailtini Nail Polish in Mai Tai (it’s the only orange color Nailtini has on the website so I assume it’s a repeat), Chella Eyebrow Pencil, Nyx Cream Blush (or possibly Be a Bombshell; could also be an unknown brand that imitates other brands), City Color Cosmetics Cheek Stain (I assume this would go to people who received the cream blush in June), Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 2 week sample, mineral eyeshadow assumed to be in Earth from Mica Beauty (could be any brand though since there are a lot of companies that sell mineral shadow), and lastly is the tube which I believe is Pacifica BB Cream while some others are guessing a Nyx Primer.
6. If you have enough referrals, you will get either an UD Moondust Shadow, a Baublebar Bracelet, a Nicole OPI polish Selena Gomez shade, or a Lime Crime Polish in a yellow shade.
As of right now, my perfect bag would consist of the Noya Lip Balm in Vanilla. If it came in its original packaging, I would be ecstatic. Next I’d want the Michael Todd Pumpkin Mask. I received a scrub last month so I would like something different this time. Then I would want to try the Pixi Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Blue if they are offering that color. For the last two items, I’d want the Chella Brow Pencil and one of the two blushes. If the larger tube is a Nyx primer, I’d want that more than the blushes.
I’m not particularly excited about this bag but it’s not a dud. The value is there overall.