Hello everybody! Happy New Year to you! May the new year bring lots of love and blessings in your life! : )
Today’s post will be a list of my goals for 2014. I can’t wait to hear about your resolutions and beauty goals for 2014! If you have already made a list, please let me know or link your blog in the comments. I am very interested in reading them.
As you may have noticed from my makeup decluttering post, I have a desire to hoard items. You’ll come to learn that makeup isn’t the only thing I hoard… I’m almost too ashamed to share my hoarding tendencies with you guys. To be fair, my obsession started thanks to Victoria’s Secret. All I wanted was to own Love Spell but at the time it was something like $10 to buy one or I could have 3 items for $20, or even better, 6 items for $25. It simply did not make sense NOT to buy 6 at a time. These prices were back in the days of the cylindrical body sprays. The same kind of deal happened at Bath & Body Works. Then when I was able to buy more expensive items, I noticed that (almost always) you got a bunch of freebies for spending a little more, but realistically the price per item went down significantly -cough-ULTA, SEPHORA, NORDSTROM-cough-. I’m learning that these deals will always be around, so I can stop jumping on the deals as soon as I see them.
With that being said, let’s start my list of resolutions!
- Buy from stores as needed, not as soon as I see a sale – I need to remember that Ulta, Sephora, and Nordstrom will ALWAYS continue to give gifts with purchases and I can just accept whatever deal is available when I NEED to go shopping.
- Strict fragrance no buy! – My biggest goal is to completely use up 10 full sized fragrances by the end of the year. For every 10 I use up, I will allow myself only 1 replacement. I won’t be counting freebies but I will do my very best to choose skin care items as my free gifts with purchase over more fragrances. I made my last fragrance purchase of 2013 (Mango Mandarin from Bath & Body Works) to get the urge out of my system. I recently changed my setup in my room so that all of my fragrances are now visible. Now that I have all of my fragrances displayed in front of me, I hope that it will help me feel like I have enough. I have about 60 bottled perfumes (decently sized to full sized), 10 rollerball fragrances, about 12 samples in my martini glass, and another 70 samples + 5 rollerballs in the bag.
- Continue with my body skin care habits – In the recent months, I have developed a love for cocoa butter. I have replaced almost everything I used to use with cocoa butter products. The only other products I use on my body are body butters. I like The Body Shop the most but they’re kind of expensive so I have started to buy Victoria’s Secret body butters when The Body Shop’s body butters aren’t on sale. I have been great about not hoarding body butters when they’re on sale. However, I will probably cut out body butters for 2014 because I made a massive online purchase for my favorite Coconut Vanilla body cream from Bath & Body Works. I purchased 8 of the Coconut Vanilla creams and 1 Mango Mandarin body cream. Combined with my current amount of remaining body butters, I should be able to go the whole year without needing to purchase anything aside from cocoa butter lotion.
- Hang up my clothes immediately after they come out of the dryer – I am somebody who will put away all of my clothes except for my tops. I don’t know why. I just don’t do it. As I’m typing this, I have a pile of shirts and mini dresses that have been needing to be hung up for 2 weeks now. My mother would be so ashamed of me if she knew that I was actually telling people about this… I just hope she doesn’t find this post.
- Limit makeup purchases to 20 items for the whole year – My hope is to buy 3-4 mascaras total for the year, 3-4 liquid eyeliners for the year, 1 bronzer, and the rest on lippies, face powders, and purple shadows. I’ll be avoiding large palettes. If I buy it, I’ll consider it as 2 or 3 items depending on the size. I won’t be counting concealer in this limited list because I use A LOT of concealer to cover up my melasma and dark circles.
- No buying pencil eyeliner, makeup palettes, or foundation! – As you can see from the photo, I already have enough backups to last me a whole year. There are 10 foundation/tinted moisturizer backups, about a dozen pencil eyeliners, and 4 palettes. The palettes are the Naked 3 (12 shadows), Lorac Pro (16 shadows), Stila Artful Eye III (5 shadows), e.l.f 144 Neutral Eye (144 shadows), and a 168 palette (168 dime sized shadows) with all of the bright colors I could ever need. I also have 2 more palettes on the way. I ordered the e.l.f prism palettes (Sunset and Naked; another 12 shadows) weeks ago but they’re still processing. The two little black palettes are my 15 concealer palettes. As I mentioned above, I’m not counting concealers.
- Use a nail polish up before buying another nail polish – This is pretty self explanatory. I, surprisingly, don’t hoard nail polishes. 4 of these polishes are from Ipsy and 1 is from Influenster. I’m going to try to use up a nail polish up before buying another one. If one dries out, I’ll go ahead and replace it as if I had used it up.
- Limit shoe purchases! – I buy shoes the same way I buy perfume. It is usually cheaper to buy shoes in bulk or to buy online. I’d say that I have paid $5 or less per pair on half of the shoes and I don’t think I have spent more than $25 on a single pair of shoes (aside from my non-slip work shoes). Regardless of the price, I have TOO MANY SHOES. I am going to try to wear all of them to the point that they simply cannot be worn anymore. The only shoes I will allow myself to purchase lavishly from now on are athletic shoes. I have learned that buying cheap athletic shoes ends up being more costly than buying a good pair of brand name shoes. I have gone through 6 pairs of cheap athletic shoes (usually around $6-15 a pair) when I could have just purchased 1 pair of Nike shoes for $45.00 to last me a year instead.
- My last goal is simply to lose weight and become healthy – A healthy body is more beautiful than what any amount of makeup can do for you. I have gained about 75lbs in the past 3 years and I hope to lose 30-35lbs in the new year. This isn’t something that I’m making up simply because it’s the new year. I have been working on my body for a few months now and I have been able to dodge any holiday weight gain. I hope now that the holidays and family gatherings are over, I can start cooking my own meals again. I’m also making a goal to do an hour of exercise 6 times a week. I started exercising at the end of October and did a great job of going all 6 days each week during November, but December completely ruined my schedule. I hope to get the ball rolling again soon. My weight is the very reason why I don’t take pictures of makeup looks, and I hope to change that by the middle of the year in 2014.