Now that it’s February 2014, I wanted to make a quick post updating my progress with my 2014 resolutions. I’ve done my best to stay true to the goals I made for myself. Let’s see how well I’ve done.
- DO NOT MAKE RECKLESS PURCHASES & DO NOT BE SWAYED BY “GIFT WITH PURCHASE” DEALS – I’m happy to report that my spending has been fairly controlled for the first month of January. I have only made skin care purchases and I made that purchase because I actually needed/wanted to target something specific. I made an Ulta purchase specifically for Ulta’s oil cleanser, for a daily moisturizer, and a night time serum. I luckily had a 20% off code so I was able to treat myself to 2 hair products. On top of that, there were free gifts with almost everything I purchased; and for once, I didn’t choose items with the intention of getting the free gifts!
- STRICT FRAGRANCE NO BUY! – I’m very happy to report that I have not purchased a single fragrance item, nor have I chosen fragrance as my freebie samples with purchase or as a free gift. I also have not cheated by requesting freebie samples from Sephora or persuading people to buy fragrance “gifts” for me.
- CONTINUE WITH SKIN CARE HABITS – I’m still great about moisturizing and using my cocoa butter. I’ve recently purchased a Neutrogena moisturizer so I can start moisturizing my skin in the morning (I never used to do that before because of my oily skin) and I currently have some Vichy, Simple, and OWN products in transit to my home.
- HANGING UP CLOTHES IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEY ARE OUT OF THE DRYER – I’ve been okay about this. I ran out of hangers so I couldn’t put all of my tops away, but I put away as much as I could. I bought myself about 40 hangers yesterday so hopefully next month will be better.
- RESOLUTIONS 5, 6, AND 7 (similar); LIMIT MAKEUP PURCHASES TO 20 ITEMS FOR THE YEAR; NO FOUNDATION, PENCIL EYELINER, OR PALETTES – I have not made any makeup purchases this month! It actually isn’t that hard to use my makeup now that my inventory has decreased about 70%. I don’t have more than a dozen items to choose from in each category so I’ve been happily using up my makeup. I know that it’s going to be difficult from here on out though. I hit major pan on two of my e.lf blush/bronzer duos and they’re online only for me. I didn’t take into account that I would have to give up e.l.f’s online purchasing in order to stick to my 20 item quota for the year… well, unless I want to buy 1 item and pay $7.00 shipping.
- USE UP A NAIL POLISH OR THROW AN OLD ONE OUT BEFORE BUYING A NEW ONE – I have actually tossed out 3 polishes and purchased 1 new polish. The one I purchased is a pinky mauve creme finish shade from Ulta. I’m pretty impressed with it and would definitely consider buying more when I need a new polish.
- LIMIT SHOE PURCHASES – I haven’t made any shoe purchases nor do I have a strong desire to.
- LOSE WEIGHT AND BECOME HEALTHY – I was doing well at eating healthy up until Friday, but I still haven’t gotten my butt back to the gym yet. Hopefully I figure out a way to schedule in the gym regularly. My issue isn’t actually going but carrying on with the day after sweating, smudging makeup, and messy hair. In my world, appearance is everything (unfortunately). I can’t go a day without getting yelled at when I look “unpolished”. A healthy diet hasn’t done much for me on its own. I eat lots of greens, fish, and eggs, drinks lots of 100% fruit juice, drink lots of green tea, doubled my water intake, and I limit my calorie intake to 1600 a day. Weight comes off VERY slowly when you’re calorie counting and it’s easily gained right back during a single day of bad eating. My best bet at accomplishing my goal is to exercise and sweat. I hope to report better results next month.