Description: These ultra-silky and lustrous eyeshadows look like a powder but feel like a cream, allowing for a smooth and flawless application. Use to contour, line, and highlight for a radiant finish. The luminous, shimmery formula creates a gorgeous range of looks for both day and night.
Brief Overview: These are some of the best eyeshadows that I have ever tried! They are highly pigmented, there is next to no fallout, the packaging is very sleek and high quality, the texture is super silky, the value is amazing, and these shadows last all day. I truly hope that e.l.f creates more palettes with new shades and finishes; and hopefully they expand the prism shadows into $3.00 single shades. I consider the shadows in the Prism Palettes to be higher quality than M.A.C, Clinique, Urban Decay, Lorac, and even my beloved Stila (my favorite eyeshadow brand for 2013). It’s comparable to Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Silk Eyeshadow, Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadows, and L’Oreal’s Infallible Eyeshadows.
Unbeatable. I’d consider it a steal even if it were always $10.00. But thanks to the regular 50% off Studio codes, these palettes are easily attainable at only $5.00 each! I think $5.00 is a fair price for each individual color. They’re THAT good.
In my opinion, the shadows are smoother than velvet. They look like a very silky powder, borderline like a cream; and they feel the same way that they look. The shadows are very luxurious and rich. Below are some dry swatches (randomly swatched; 2 from each palette in each photo):
Skin Type/Lid Type:
This shadow definitely performs the best with a primer, and the shadow will last accordingly with the primer you choose. I have normal lids and I like to use e.l.f’s Glitter Primer or Urban Decay’s Primer Potion.
How I Use This Product:
- Strictly used as eyeshadow (lower lash line and eyelids).
- It can be used as a highlighter but I had to be VERY careful. I barely tapped the highlight shade with my finger, blended that product onto the back of my hand, and used the remaining product on my finger to highlight my face.
- Packaging – very sleek, lightweight, compact, and has a nice size mirror.
- Very silky and smooth in texture.
- Virtually no fallout when applied with fingers, minimal fallout when applied with a brush.
- Blends beautifully.
- Highly pigmented even without primer or a base.
- Colors are coordinated beautifully in each palette.
- Shimmer finish only.
- Colors chosen for each palette are beautiful but they definitely need additional shadows to create a complete look.
- Some colors are too similar to another in the palette (pink 3 and 5 in Sunset; brown 5 and 6 in Nude)
If you like shimmer shadows, definitely buy this. This is also a great way to experience luxury quality eyeshadows at a very affordable price.