Hello there! It’s been a long time since I’ve made a post regarding my facial laser hair removal. I had my 6th and final procedure done in December but I didn’t bother to update. There was no change from the 4th or 5th update. I didn’t see the point in making a 6th update. I’ll summarize it briefly below. If you’re interested in facial laser hair removal, click this link to see my journey. You will be directed to all of my previous posts. Treatments 1-3 have the most useful information.
- Treatment 1 – my first procedure, folliculitis, pain, equipment, skin care regime, what to expect (dark skin/tanned skin, dark hair).
- Treatment 2 – results after first procedure, skin care regime, getting more comfortable.
- Treatment 3 – pain levels, results after the second treatment, burns, hormones (birth control), SHE SHAPED MY BROWS, skin care regime.
- Treatment 4 – when a new asthetician did the procedure and wasted a procedure (changed settings without informing me), third treatment results.
- Treatment 5 – regular asthetician blew me off when I complained about the previous asthetician changing settings, barely seeing hair growth.
- Treatment 6 – barely seeing hair growth, hair hadn’t grown much since the start of the treatment.
I originally wanted to make an update post in January but I started to notice some changes in my hair growth. Because of that, I decided to wait until February. I still felt like my hair growth pattern was changing so I’ve waited up until March. As of now, it’s been about 3 months since I last had a treatment. I honestly feel like I’m at square one again so I’m just going to go ahead and update.
In a nutshell, the procedure didn’t work as well as I had hoped. For the first six months, I barely had to remove any hair because my hair stopped growing. I’d say about 60-70% of the hair I had treated stopped growing and about 80-90% of the hair I originally wanted gone stopped growing. Now that some time has passed, I’ve noticed my hair growing back as steadily as it used to. I need to shave every day or wax every 3-4 days.
What I got treated & how much is still growing:
*** INDICATES WHAT I ORIGINALLY PAID TO HAVE REMOVED; other areas were added because they were areas that would be free with my bundle (medium area).
- Upper lip – 100% of the hair is still growing. It never really stopped growing but it did slow down during treatment. Now the hair is growing like weeds.
- Lower lip – 100% of the hair is still growing, just like the above.
- ***Chin – 95% of the hair is currently growing – I’ve noticed a slight reduction in hair but most of it has grown back.
- ***Neck – 80% of the hair is currently growing – There’s a bigger improvement of hair loss at the neck but there’s still more hair growing than I would like.
- Sideburns – 95% of the hair is currently growing – I’ve barely noticed a difference.
- Unibrow – 100% grew back. Oh well. I don’t mind waxing it but it would’ve been nice if the hair stopped growing.
- Cheeks/peach fuzz – 90% grew back. The hair is growing normally here but it’s a little less “jungle-ish”. I don’t care though. I just thought I’d get it done since I was getting my sideburns treated as well, and it would’ve looked silly to have a silky smooth side burn area but peach fuzz everywhere else.
I wouldn’t say I’m very satisfied. However, I did get a good deal on the treatment package ($300 for six sessions) so it was worth the trip. Now I know my skin a little better and I know what to look for the next time I try to get the hair treated. For starters, I won’t be going back to the same place. Secondly, I now know that my upper lip and lower lip require a stronger setting than the rest of my face. Next time I’d like to try a stronger setting than what I previously had.