I recently made an order from Feeling Smitten and I ordered several of the 3lb Cupcake Bath Bomb Bags. They are advertised as an assortment of imperfect bath bombs. They give a very clear warning that the price of the bath bombs are so affordable because these bath bombs are expected to come broken or in imperfect condition. They arrived in a bag with a cute little ribbon and a “nutrition label” that lists all of the ingredients used in the bath bombs. The label was a very nice touch.
..I had the HARDEST time trying to find reviews on Feeling Smitten products despite how many fans the brand has. I found a small handful of reviews on the cupcake bath bombs but didn’t see anything on the bath pops, sugar scrubs, body wash, etc. I’ve got three products to review in this post and plan on ordering more products soon.
*click on photo to see larger picture
Right off the bat, I would like to say how pleased I am with this company as a whole. The staff is very sweet (just like their products) and they are great at responding to private messages. Also, I was concerned about the quality of the package that I would be receiving because I purchased 21lbs worth of product AND received discounted shipping. I am happy to report that they gave me more than 21lbs worth of product and did not skimp on the quality of products or the packaging simply because I received a fantastic deal. For that reason alone, I will certainly come back to this company whenever I want bath bombs.
O V E R V I E W | O F | T H I S | R E V I E W
- What I Received
- Regular Bath Bomb Review
- Bath Pops Review
- Cupcake Bath Bomb Review
To my surprise, very few of the bath bombs that I received were damaged to the point where they couldn’t sell it. About 1/3 of the order contained very obviously imperfect bath bombs while the other 2/3 of my order looked pretty darn perfect. Each bag that I received came with an extra freebie (either a bath pop or a regular bath bomb).
I had one bag that came in pretty bad condition compared to the other bags, but it was the ONLY bag that came the way I expected (imperfect, as advertised). It was 90% broken bath bombs and/or very misshapen cupcakes. Another bag that I received came with ALL large Valentine’s Day cupcakes and the rest mimosa mini cupcake bath bombs (no variety). The other five bags came with 1-2 imperfections and the rest absolutely beautiful and perfect looking bath bombs.
There were a lot of crumbles left behind in the bags so I decided to collect them all; and when I finished, there was enough powder for another bath!
R E G U L A R | B A T H | B O M B
These regular bath bombs are quite lovely. They’re exactly what you’d expect when you drop them in the bath tub. It provides a tint of color to the bath water, the size is great, it has a nice fragrance, it softens the water, decent amount of fizz, and it leaves your skin feeling amazing. The one shown below is in the cotton candy fragrance. Truthfully, I couldn’t tell that it was cotton candy scented but I didn’t mind since it still smelled nice.
In comparison to Lush, they’re not quite up to par. However, you also pay less for these bath bombs as well (about half the price). Lush bath bombs have a lot of fizz, add a lot of color to the water, and has much more fragrance compared to these Feeling Smitten bath bombs. But this is a great alternative if a Lush isn’t near you and/or you simply like to support Etsy shops like I do! It’s also a nice option if you don’t like strong fragrances.
The one factor that Feeling Smitten outshines Lush at is the lasting impression it leaves on the skin. Feeling Smitten bath bombs leave my skin feeling SO SILKY SOFT and I could feel a difference in my skin the moment I finished my bath.
B A T H | P O P S
These bad boys left me “feeling smitten” if you get what I mean. This is by far my favorite product and I will DEFINITELY be purchasing more when I can. I’ve already got my eyes set on the mango scented one! These tiny little guys pack a huge punch! They are a tiny “bath bomb” that has a cocoa butter center. They are loaded with color (which I love) and they add a ton of moisture to the bath water.
When I received these, I wasn’t quite sure what to do with them. The website says that instructions are on the bath pops package but since I didn’t get a fully packaged bath pop, I didn’t get any instructions. I couldn’t find the instructions on how to use this unique product on the Feeling Smitten Etsy shop website nor the regular website. I had to guess at how to use these.
I just dipped it in the water and waved it around while the tub was filling up. After there was no more product left on the stick, I added some bubble bath soap to the water. I still ended up with a tub full of bubbles so the cocoa butter didn’t affect that. I also loved how the bath water turned pink; and even my bubbles were a soft shade of pink! It made bath time quite enjoyable.
C U P C A K E | B A T H | B O M B
After taking some time to figure out a way to utilize the entire cupcake bath bomb, I’ve fallen in love. I would actually consider these to be more of a bath melt than a bath bomb because they do such a good job of moisturizing the skin but they lack the fun of a typical bath bomb. I’ve tried 10 or so of these cupcakes (an assortment of fragrances and sizes) and I stand by my opinion.
****One thing I would like to mention is the fact that sugar is an ingredient in this product. I was very concerned about soaking my body in a tub of water mixed with sugar but I’m happy to say that I have not had any ill experiences. My lady parts are still normal and I don’t have any signs of a yeast infection. I’m sorry if this is tmi but I’d imagine there are plenty of other women who have concerns about letting their lady parts soak in a bath tub that has sugar in it.
- Absolutely stunning! These cupcakes are beyond beautiful and it’s tempting to keep them on display rather than using them!
- Excellent, luxury gift. The packaging on full priced bath bombs is VERY nice and professional.
- Adds a high level of moisture to the bath water.
- Very soothing and relaxing on the body.
- Great price when purchased in a 3lb grab bag or a multi-pack set.
- High quality ingredients.
- Natural ingredients.
- Edit 5/4/2016: The sugar scrub icing. I originally had it listed as a con because using the sugar scrub icing as is is incredibly rough on the skin (in the swirled frosting shape while floating in the bath tub). However, I figured out how to make it work. I break the icing off from the base of the product and put it to the side (ensuring it stays dry). When I’m ready for the scrub, I’ll break it into pieces, mix it with water to turn it into a paste, and then apply as a scrub. It works wonderfully this way!
- The wrapper is a pain to get off most of these cupcakes.
- Minimal to no fizz.
- Minimal to no color.
- Faint fragrance and all of the cupcakes smell similar to me (gourmand scent). I only notice the scent if I bring the fizzing bath bomb up to my nose before it fully dissolves.
- The sugar icing scrub. It’s made with sugar so if you use more than one bath bomb or if your bath tub is on the smaller side, you might end up feeling sticky after your bath (I learned my lesson the hard way when I added three bath bombs to my tub one day).
- Price for individual cupcakes. While the aesthetics of the product is gorgeous, I’m disappointed with the lack of performance as a bath bomb. Again, I’m comparing to Lush because these cupcakes can go upwards of $10.00 per piece (more than the price of most Lush bath bombs). I expected a burst of color, fragrance, and fizz from a $10.00 bath bomb but these don’t deliver.
After all is said and done, I’m still a fan of Feeling Smitten and will definitely continue to shop there. I simply love this shop’s theme of bakery bath treats! I will happily use up every single cupcake bath bomb that I’ve purchased and I can’t wait to get my hands on more bath pops and regular bath bombs. I’m also looking forward to trying the Shower Truffle Steamers, bath salts, and Gelato Sugar Scrubs. I’m also VERY tempted to try the Sugar Brulee bath wash but I can’t justify spending $15.00 on an 8oz body wash.